Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Beginning of the End

Dear XXX,
I don't think you love me---I think that you know that my love for you is unconditional, and because you continually lie to everyone around you about who you are (because of the religion you're forced to accept as your own) you need me. You need me right now because you can be yourself with me, and not worry that I'll ostracize you from my life. You need me because I see that you're beautiful, and amazing. You need me because I want you, and you know that that will never change.

But you don't love me. And your need is eventually going to pass; after you tell everyone the truth about who you are, and you learn to deal with the consequences. Maybe even before that happens---maybe when you go to college. Whenever you find someone else who wants to know you, and doesn't push you away for who you are at heart, that will be the end of us---that will be the end of me. And you're going to look back, years from now, and know that you never loved me. At most you'll be grateful for the way I was there; for all I've done for you. That's all.

And yet, that isn't enough for me to walk away. Because you need someone, and I love you more than anything---and I want to at least have that space in your life, if I can't have any other.

I will love you forever. It hurts knowing that the 'love' you give me, is the closest I'll ever get to the real thing. I stay for that, too

Anonymous

No comments: