Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Like You

Dear Jared,

There is so much to say to you. How I wish I could say it your face or even send this to you but what’s the point?? Since the moment we started talking you have been arrogant and stubborn. Yet two years ago that’s what I loved about you and as I’m writing this letter tonight it’s what I hate most about you. I don’t ever say hate but now that’s all I can think of when I think of you. It all started because tonight is the night I found out that you were engaged and tonight is the night my world came crashing to a halt. Six months ago when I found out you were dating her I was ok with it because in the back of my mind I was like people break up everyday they could end up breaking up and me and you could be back on track. I even became okay with the thought of us being friends and you having her as your girlfriend and even that was okay. But being engaged is a totally different story it hurts so much. As I was looking at the pictures of you two in such bliss it just hurt so bad because it should of been me. I was there before she was I was the one who called you and texted you everyday while you were in bootcamp. I was the one who sat at home worried waiting for emails or phone calls while you were in Iraq serving our country. I was the one who foolishly believed you when you said you would make me the happiest girl in the world when you came home safe and sound. I was the patient one for the first year of "us" who let you do your own thing yet always come back to me because you were scared. So really I was the one who was the idiot because I believed in you I believed in us. Then the second year came along and it was the year of Iraq and I was the faithful one I was the one who stood by you and counted down the days until you were home. Then you come home and nothing and then I find out you’re with her and I’m supposed to be understanding. I guess tonight is the night I realized that’s it’s officially over between us, what we had is now dead and buried. I wish I could say I wish you the best but that would be lying and I’m not a liar like you.

Ashley

No comments: