Monday, December 15, 2008

All It Takes

Dear BooBooBear,

I constantly write you letters you will never read. You know me so well that you could probably read everything they say just by looking at me. I love you with all my heart. I know that you are right for me, and I know I'm right for you. What worries me is what happened before we met. You were a complete slut. You slept with too many girls to count, and you're barely 18. You drank, you did drugs, and you slept around. I'm innocent compared to you. I barely drink, I barely ever do drugs, only weed, and I never really slept around. You're my fourth. I look at us and see how different we are. I see all the reasons why we shouldn't work out. I've cried so many times because I'm putting so much of myself into this, when I expect it to end in failure. My heart breaks when you remind me you still talk to your ex-fucc-buddies. They are the reason I don't trust you 100%. I want to trust you, I want to believe you. I can't stop thinking about our future together. How soon we can be together. You know I feel this way, but I don't think you realize how much it hurts me. I love you so much. I just wish you could show me you love me too. I wish you could leave the past in the past and not bring it up anymore. The more it comes up, the more I start to distrust you. I want to make this work, but I feel like I'll forever be in the shadow of your past. All those nameless faces that gave you pleasure that you didn't need. All those girls who were one night stands. Why should I believe that I'm different? Just because you say so. Sadly, for me, that's all it takes. Forever baby, you and me.

Love always,
Pookie

No comments: